3/28/2008

Guzzling Bytes

Sat up till 3am last morning and finally managed to set up a fully functional WiFi network at home! I guess that tells you, I'm a geek.
Felt a great 'rush', at finally having gotten Wi Fi to work on my new (3 month) Pocket PC. That tells me, I'm a geek!

Why do I make such a big deal out of it at 3 in the morning? It's the freedom of holding a pc in your palm (HTC Touch, powered by Windows Mobile 6). I'm no fan of Microsoft, mind. But I live in Windows world.
And so I celebrated by using Live Messenger to chat with an old friend (the only one online at 3am :D ), used the browser to check my webmail at the corporate MS Exchange server & surprised my client in America by replying to a couple of mails at that unearthly hour.
Yea, nothing noble in that, I know. I was just thrilled to have Wi Fi on my phone.

Even did a test call on skype. So now, as long as long as I'm on wiFi, I have a skype phone.

And today I got the vpn settings right and did a Remote Desktop session to my office PC! that was really cool.

And this is my first blog entry written entirely from my phone!

this is fun! I've become a techno-guzzler.

No comments:

Post a Comment