8/12/2009

a lesson in time

Been feeling the blues lately. Like I'm living in pointless pursuit.
Chasing one errand after another. And in the end they often seem
pointless.
Lost in confusion over where to dive into an endless pile of urgent
chores. They all seem important.

A spark of inspiration strikes the deadwood of confusion, and lights
the fire I need, to guide the path of my decisions.

I ask myself, if I did xyz task now, committed to this project, what
difference will it make to the quality of my life? Exactly how would I
feel once I've completed it?


I put it to the test:
Chasing missing reward points on credit card - pointless
Spending quality time with parents - priceless (don't know when I'll
no longer have a chance to say how I care)
Buying the best gadgets - profligacy (a thrill that fades fast)
Prudent measures to safeguard my family's future, should I be taken -
Very important
Chasing money & advancement to the extent I'm a slave to my work &
distanced from the people who matter most - worthless
Ensuring I stay employable regardless of circumstances - critical
Living healthy - important
Growing in graceful self-acceptance - invaluable (the foundation of
self-esteem and the ability to interact meaningfully - you will be to
others as you are unto yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment